Sunday, October 5, 2014

AN OLD CHAIR NEW

Dear Olive,

Each night this week, after the kids went to bed, I spent a little time reupholstering this chair for my sister in law's apartment.


A thousand little upholstery nails, but it was easier than I thought.  Basically, I just stretched fabric over the angles, made some cuts and tucks, and hammered it back on.


The chair was her grandmother's and she had wanted to have it redone for some time.  I figured I couldn't screw it up too much if the plan was to eventually have it professionally reupholstered anyway.



I can't wait to show you all of the accessories for Jac's full apartment makeover.  It's pretty much my primary focus right now.  I hope that professionals in my work meetings can't tell I'm contemplating fabric samples nonstop.

No comments:

Post a Comment