Saturday, February 4, 2017

THE COTTAGE IN THE WOODS: Part II

Dear Olive,

Remember the Snow White Cottage?  Throughout my workday, I could not shake my perseveration on this house.  I kept walking through it in my mind and rehashing Jason's optimistic reaction towards it.  "It wouldn't hurt to investigate further," I thought.


At the end of the day, my last appointment had cancelled and I found myself out of work at an unusually reasonable time.  "It's a sign," I thought.  I think I'll just wander over to the bank and see if there is someone there who would chat with me.



When I arrived, the bank traffic was low and I made eye contact with an executive who waived me over.  "I didn't make an appointment," I started.  "I'm not even sure if I know the correct questions to ask."

"Just tell me how I can help," She responded kindly.  In two minutes I blubbered out the details of my
scandalous scheme to pursue second home-ownership.  As I gave her my last name to enter into the computer, she stopped and gave me a big smile.  "Your husband was here at ten," she related.  "He already started the application.  He has all the details."



I stared at her, dumbfounded.  

"I hope I haven't spoiled the surprise," she cautioned.  

I thanked her profusely and returned to my car.  

Even if we don't decide to do this.  Even if try and are outbid, what a luxury it is to know that another human being understands your heart's desire and endeavors to make it his own as well. 
    

Stay tuned.  I can't wait to see what transpires!

No comments:

Post a Comment