Friday, August 7, 2015

DIY AIR CONDITIONER

Dear Olive, 

While we were at the lake, I realized my personal comfort limitations.  I've always lamented that I never had the opportunity to go on an overseas medical mission or join the Peace Corps.  I seriously thought that to be my alternative path.  But after two days of sweating it out in an un-air conditioned communal family space, I became fully aware of what an ungracious person I am while overheated.  If I can't handle first world heat, I likely have no business in a Malaria-zone... which genuinely made me sad.  Regardless, I was ready for some chill.  As such, I decided to put this tutorial to work and try to make my own air conditioner.   


I had a fan, a pool noodle, and an insulated bag.  I cut a hole in the cooler bag, taped them all together...


Added some ice, and aimed that bag at my sleeping corner for the night.


I'm not sure if it was the heat exhaustion or my science project, but I slept like a baby.

1 comment:

  1. I love your resourcefulness! These are items that most all of us moms have. And who knows--maybe you will find yourself in a situation like that. I have a friend who got a great job opportunity with China, and that turned into a great job in Malaysia. Did you do this hard work out of necessity or a personal challenge?

    Jodi Bennett @ Marsh Heating

    ReplyDelete