Monday, January 5, 2015

BATHROOM FACELIFT

Dear Olive,

The builders-grade mirror in our bathroom has always bothered me.  It dates the bathroom and I've been trying to think about a creative solution to fix it.  I considered bordering it in mirrored tiles, pennies, wooden disks, sticks, or crown molding.  Ultimately, I found a thrift store mirror on sale that I thought would be the solution.  


I thought the plan was to pull the old one down and put the new one up.  But then we found this gem behind the mirror. 


So then I was on a mission to find vintage border tile, which was harder than I thought.  I finally found the tile here.  And someone who would paint it here.  To tell you the truth, we're still saving to have a few more tiles inserted, but photoshop is my friend, so here is the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment