Tuesday, May 3, 2016

BATHROOM REMODEL SPECS

Dear Olive, 

We finally got the call.  The contractor is ready to start.  I am so excited!  Here are the specs on what we are planning:

We'd like to retain the historical character of the bathroom (including pink tile) while also updating it to include better fixtures.  We're planning on blowing through the wall to include the neighboring closet as a walk in shower with black stripes on the wall.  The floor will be hexagon or square penny tile.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 

I have been on the hunt for an antique cabinet to recess into the wall and also like the idea of a small plunger closet to keep it accessible but out of sight. 


1 / 2 / 3 / 4

I love the look of the Kohler wall mount sink to retain a vintage industrial vibe, but I don't know if the wall will hold it, so our second choice is the St. Thomas.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

If I can fit a tiny clawfoot tub in there, I will die happy.


1 / 2 / 3 / 45 / 6 / 7

Gonna start demo this weekend.  Fingers crossed for no major surprises behind the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment